Ministers examined a statement for the video conference of the members of the European Council on 25 and 26 March. The EU leaders will discuss the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Single Market, industrial policy, digital transformation and the economy, the situation in the Eastern Mediterranean, and relations with Russia.
- COVID-19: The leaders will take stock of the roll-out of vaccines and the epidemiological situation and pursue the coordinated response to the pandemic crisis.
- Single market, industrial policy, digital transformation and the economy: They will discuss the key priorities for the single market, industrial policy and the digital transformation. The leaders will look at the Digital Compass, including targets set for 2030, and review work on digital taxation. They will address the priorities for the 2021 European Semester and leaders will be invited to endorse the recommendation on the economic policy of the Eurozone in their next formal meeting.
- Eastern Mediterranean: The EU leaders will discuss the situation in the Eastern Mediterranean. The High Representative and the Commission are expected to submit a report on EU-Turkey relations ahead of the meeting, following the conclusions of the European Council in December 2020.
- Russia: The EU leaders will discuss relations with Russia.
- The key of our collective action to tackle the pandemic is to accelerate the production, delivery and deployment of vaccines. No effort will be spared.